Sunday, March 05, 2006

Is This What I'm In For?

In a little less than six months, I'm going to be starting law school, and I figured I should get a little taste of what I may be experiencing, so I rented the movie, Paper Chase. A few observations:

-The law students in movie just pissed me off. All they talked about was law school related stuff. It was if they were living in a bubble where no movie, no newspaper and no television was allowed. I felt like William Shatner in that SNL skit where he tells Trekies at the Star Trek Convention to "Get a life." If my fellow students at whatever law school I decide to go to are like this, I just might kill someone.

-If this movie is at all accurate, I'm going to need to choose my study group members wisely.

-If I have any professor like Professor Kingsfield, harsh and humorless, I think I'm just going to cry.

-Thank God everything is computerized now so I don't have to bring home a library with me like the main character, Hart, to do legal research.

-If I can find myself a hot, slutty, professor's daughter like Hart, my law school experience is going to be so much better.

-Finally, if studying for exams is anything close to what it was like in the movie, it's going to be one of the most miserable experiences of my life.