Friday, September 08, 2006

Fearless Notre Dame Prediction

I'm going to keep this brief because I'm about to go out for my birthday dinner with my parents. Back during my Notre Dame season prediction a few weeks back, I predicted that Notre Dame's only loss would come at the hands of Penn State. Despite Penn State's lackluster play last week against Akron, I'm going to stick to my guns. Why you may ask? I think this game could come down to the kicking game and if that's the case, Notre Dame will lose this game because I'm not sure Notre Dame has a kicker right now that can make anything outside of an extra point. I think the combination of the strong linebacker play of Penn State and my concerns about the Notre Dame pass rush and the linebacker play should keep this game close enough where this comes down to a crucial field goal make or miss. But hopefully, I horribly wrong like I was last year about my Purdue prediction. Penn State 24 Notre Dame 21