Thursday, June 22, 2006

What Will Ozzie Say Next?

I've been stuck in LA for almost three weeks now and working 80 hour weeks, so I haven't found a whole lot time to follow my beloved White Sox, but I did see today that Sox's manager Ozzie Guillen has been very prominent in the Chicago papers the last few days as he said that Houston manager Phil Gartner refused to shake hands with him at the World Series and treated him "like some crazy Venezuelan" prompting a war of words between himself and Gartner; he got in a beanball war with the Cardinals a couple of nights ago, and he referred to Chicago Sun-Times columnist Jay Marrotti as a "fag". I'd like to spend a moment on his comments of Jay Marrotti. While I think the use of the word fag is totally inappropriate unless you're English and you're talking about a cigarette. There are many other appropriate words to call Jay Marrotti such as idiot, douche bag, moron, asshole or to use the words of Ozzie Guillen in his "apology" for his comments, "a piece of garbage".