Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Are You Kidding Me?

Last night, two of the Michael Jackson jurors, Eleanor Cook and Ray Hultman, were on MSNBC talking about how they thought Michael Jackson was actually guilty, even though they went along with other jurors to acquit Michael Jackson. I guess it would be pretty hard to peddle a book if there was hung jury. While their change of heart was surprising to say the least, what really surprised me was the arrogance of Cook who said, "They [the jurors] can be as angry as they want to. They ought to be ashamed. They're the ones that let a pedophile go."

Excuse me? To borrow a phrase from a radio show I used to listen to in Chicago, "Who are you crapping?" If anyone ought to be ashamed, it should be Cook and Hultman. While the other jurors may have reached the wrong conclusion in their deliberations at least they stuck to their convictions unlike Cook and Hultman who make John Kerry look decisive. If Cook and Hultman had stuck to their convictions, we would be talking about now when Michael Jackson is going to be retried instead of his new DVD (which by the way I put on my Netflix list). Do us a favor Eleanor and Ray, go back to your regular lives and stay off my television screen and off my bookshelves.