Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Funnier than I First Realized

A few days ago, I wrote about a mock impeachment hearing that a few House Democrats held over the weekend. This mock hearing was funnier than I even imagined. The Daily Show last night showed clips of this hearing that for some reason was carried on C-SPAN (ed. note: you need to fast forward to 3/4 of the way through the video clip to see the discussion on the mock hearing). During this "hearing", someone accidentally turned off the lights when former Ambassador Joe Wilson was "testifying". At a different point in the hearing, a woman begins to breast feed her baby while Rep. Maxine Waters is speechifying in front of her. As I told one of my friends last night, I'm beginning to think some of these Democrats should just start wearing some baggy pants, put some make-up on and start honking a horn because I do not see how anyone can take some of these Congressmen seriously.