Sunday, June 12, 2005

A Bombshell

The Drudge Report is reporting that in the new book, The Truth about Hillary by Edward Klein, will allege that former President Bill Clinton raped his wife Hillary Clinton during a vacation in Bermuda in 1979, leading to the conception of their only child, Chelsea. While I loathe Bill Clinton, I am extremely skeptical of these allegations. Based on the what was said on the Drudge Report, it sounds like the author Klein, is relying on a single, unnamed source. When an author is relying on one unnamed source to make a very serious allegation like this, I am very leery to believe those allegations. The first thing that actually came to my mind when I read this on the Drudge Report was the recent book by Kitty Kelley on the Bush family, which alleged that current President George W. Bush did cocaine at Camp David when his father was President. These allegations made by Klein reek of tabloid journalism. Now I could be wrong about this. I have not had the opportunity to read Klein's book and he might have some very convincing evidence to back up his claims. It certainly does not help Bill Clinton's case that his track record in treating women is not too good (e.g., Monica Lewinsky, Paula Jones, Juanita Broaddrick, etc.). It will be very interesting to see how MSM covers this story over the next few days.

Update: Anklebiting Pundits, Captain Ed, Polipundit and Power Line all share my doubts about Klein's allegations.