Saturday, April 23, 2005

Things Are Looking Up

Today was the Blue-Gold game, and if I feel compelled enough I might offer some thoughts on the game later. While today's game is for the most part inconsequential, recruiting for next year's class is not. According to Mike Frank of Irish Eyes, Weis is off to a fabulous start. Here's the power quote:

I've been heavily involved in following Notre Dame's recruiting effort. For the past 10 years, I've personally followed the recruiting process and have witnessed some great classes signed by the Irish, and some not so great classes signed by the Irish. However, I've never seen a class get off to as quick, and as an impressive start as first-year head coach Charlie Weis's first full recruiting campaign.

Read the whole article. It will definitely pump you up about the future of this program. September 3rd cannot come soon enough.