Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Mea Culpa

When I get something wrong on this blog, I want to correct it as soon as possible. Last week I had two posts that criticized NBC News (here and here) for airing an inaccurate report on the presiding judge in Saddam's trial being killed. I was particularly critical for them showing the face of the still alive presiding judge. Brian Williams was on The Daily Show this evening and he said that two senior administration officials told NBC News that it was the presiding judge that was killed and that the sources did not change their story until they aired the story. Williams also added that they did not out the presiding judge when they showed his face because the judge had previously revealed himself in a story in the New York Times Magazine. I accept Williams's explanation and I take back all criticism of NBC News.