Friday, March 25, 2005

Cry Me A River

Earlier in the week, I happened to be watching ESPN News when they were showing Barry Bonds saying this:
I'm tired of my kids crying. You wanted me to jump off a bridge, I finally did. You finally brought me and my family down. So now go pick a different person.
I could not stop myself from laughing about this because I have seen this so many times in my short life. It's not my fault. It's the media's fault. What added to the hilarity of Bonds's meltdown was Bonds having his 15-year old son at his side. See look how sad he is! It's your fault media! Sure I carried on I added twenty pounds of muscle in one off-season even though its virtually impossible to do at 40 without a little assistance. Sure I admitted in grand jury testimony that I inadvertently took steroids after repeatedly denying in the public of ever taking steroids. Sure I had a long time extramarital affair. But it's not my fault. Thankfully, Skip Bayless of ESPN, is leading the charge in asking for Bonds's forgiveness.